i was born without an Off switch. i have no Stop button.
Let’s look at the basics.
- Sleep: i stay awake as long as i possibly can, sleeping only a handful of hours every night, until i am angry and depressed. Then i crash and can sleep a day.
- Food: i starve myself until i’m sick and suffering from low blood sugar and then i eat enough food for three people.
- Drinking: Even now that i’m Dry, my coffee intake is measured in pots, not cups.
- Writing: i get a real buzz when i write and now that i don’t drink anymore, i’ve replaced drinking and hangover time—which was all the time—with writing time.
- Sex: Tonight i attended my first Sexaholic Anonymous meeting.
To overcome my obsessions, my sponsor has prescribed 90 meetings in 90 days. Apparently, meetings are the only thing i refuse to binge on because i told him i’d do 7 in 7 and then we’d see.
The Bottom Line___________________________________________________
i am addicted to too much. i’m addicted to extremes.
i am addicted to addiction.
Posted on September 25, 2011, in Alcoholics Anonymous, Alcoholism, Recovery and tagged AA, Alcohol Recovery, Alcoholics Anonymous, alcoholism, Recovery, Sexaholic Anonymous, What i learned in AA. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.