Those Are The Days
- Woke up to change the towels sopping up the plumbing leak in the bathroom, hallway and kitchen
- Was carrying my spill-proof coffee cup, two breakfast bars, my satchel and my backpack when i opened the front door to discover it was raining
- Had to drop/unload everything to get my umbrella out of my back pack
- It stopped raining 5 minutes later
- i realized my pants were falling down because i forgot my belt
- In the subway i was sweating so profusely because of the humidity that people started building an ark as i toweled myself off with a bandanna
- i knocked over my coffee and learned my spill-proof mug isn’t
- i mopped up the spill with my sweat rag and commenced sweating harder
- i got off the subway in a downpour that stopped the instant i struggled to open my umbrella
- i arrived at work to discover my watch had stopped.
Despite all this, i didn’t drink from the bottle of wine on the table at lunch. So yeah, when all is said and done, it was a damn good day.
Posted on September 25, 2012, in Alcoholism, Lessons in Recovery, Recovery and tagged alcohol, Alcohol Recovery, alcoholic, Alcoholic Priorities, alcoholism, damn good day, Gratitude, mental-health, Pour Poor Me, Priorities, Recovery, Self Pity, sobriety. Bookmark the permalink. 9 Comments.